Pramata allows Medical Device Leader to proactively manage royalty relationships for minimal risk and maximum value
- Mapped key contract terms across all of their contracts to data within other systems
- Enjoys complete confidence in the accuracy of the data
- Makes better informed contract decisions
- Proactively manages royalty relationships for minimal risk and maximum value
A large medical device company collaborates closely with physicians and specialists to create the highest quality implants for patients. As part of these collaborations, the company makes payments on more than 100 royalty relationships each quarter.
Some royalty contracts may take up to a year to finalize, and a royalty relationship can extend 30 years or more. With such complex agreements, the company’s CLM system couldn’t provide legal, finance or product development teams with a comprehensive and timely way to track obligations, ensure payment accuracy and mitigate risk.
So they enlisted the help of Pramata to consolidate, standardize and prioritize disparate royalty contract relationship documentation. With Pramata, the company was able to:
- Map key terms across all of their contracts to data within their CLM and payments systems
- Enjoy complete confidence in the accuracy of the data
- Make better informed decisions and proactively manage royalty relationships for minimal risk and maximum value
- Due to their complex nature, not all contracts or updates to terms made it into the central repository
- Many departments required access to contract data, including legal, intellectual property, finance, product development and marketing
- Time-consuming searches attempt to piece together the most current contractual relationship information from many sources
- Lack of confidence in the accuracy of some royalty terms and consequently, the accuracy of payments
- Digitizes and organizes contracts and keeps royalty terms updated daily
- Eliminates the risk of litigation or revenue leakage due to over- or under-payments
- All authorized users have immediate access to specific contract information that once took weeks to find
- Provides date-based alerts to notify key team members when royalty term expiration dates are near
- Provides auditors with easy access to complete, current contract data and eliminates the “all hands on deck” search effort
Discover a better way to manage your contracts.
See the radically simple contract management solution that has been trusted and vetted by some of the largest companies in the world for over 15 years.